Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Artsy Addicts Kit Project: Heavens to Betsy

Hi there.

Angee Lee Carter here with a quick card for you. I was chatting with Marion yesterday and she totally inspired me to get out one of my old Artsy Addicts kits and get crafty. Here's what I came up with.


I happen to love this card just because I used so many of my supplies that I'd purchased over the past few months but hadn't even opened. Call me a stamp collector. I buy lots of stamps because they appeal to me in some way but many of them have never seen any ink. Sigh. Yes I'm that crafter. I tend to go back to the same couple of stamp sets that I've fallen in love with.

So my resolution intention for 2012 is to ink up those un-inked stamps. Are you a collector or a crafter, or a little of both? Let me know in the comments and I might just have a little something to send one of you!

Card Composition:
Card Composition:
1. Trim patterned paper to a standard card size and adhere to card base.
2. Stamp tag with PTI - Damask Design Stamp using PTI - Canyon Clay ink
3. Color a strip of PTI - Vintage Cream card stock using SU! Cherry Cobbler Ink
4. Die cut strip of card stock from step 3 using PTI - Filigree Border Die, Adhere to stamped tag and adhere to cardbase
5. Trim strip of Vintage Cream card stock and stamp with Glory Be - "Heavens to Betsy" stamp using SU! Cherry Cobbler ink
6. Stamp "You are such a dear" stamp using SU! Mellow Moss Ink
8. Stamp Double line using stamp from PTI - Label Basics stamp set using PTI - Canyon Clay ink
9. Trim strip of PTI - Canyon Clay cardstock and add a strip of 1/8" score tape along bottom edge.
10. Pour glitter onto score-tape, and adhere Canyon Clay strip to Heaven's to Betsy Cardstock Strip, use dimensional adhesive and adhere to cardbase.
11. Fussy cut butterfly image from patterned paper and adhere to sentiment strip using dimensional adhesive.

Done and Done!


Sweet Hugs.

ABC

8 comments:

  1. oh, what a beautiful card. I love it! I'm with you I buy stamps like crazy - and many of them have NEVER seen ink. This is a great resolution (UMMMM - I mean Intention)! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is so pretty. I definitely hoard...I mean collect too much crafty stuff, but right now I'm addicted to lace. I can't seem to stop buying it and then I think it's too pretty to use! I AM going to try to start using what I have as I'm running out of places to stash it!!!!! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am both a crafter and a collector....I find it hard to resist something new if I like it and think I MIGHT use it. Often I do, but there are times it just sits there...never to be looked at again. I tend to stick to my favorites and rarely use so much of my stash. I should reslove, i mean intend to down size this year...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can confess I am a collector of vintage finds and little pretties...a scrap hoarder and I am proud of it!!!! so love your card, thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I craft and collect (you saw my room eek!) The colors you chose are beautiful and the balance of the heavier pattern and fussier design of the trim stip vs the big butterfly is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that I am a collector and a crafter! I have so much scrapping stuff that I know I'll never get through it all in my lifetime...lol! I just can't seem to be able to resist all the new things that come out. I vowed that this year I would work hard at using what I have and curbing my spending habits! Let's see how long that lasts...lol!!!! Maybe till CHA is released, ROFL!!!! I absolutely adore this card! One of my favorite paper lines of 2011! Awesome work Angee!!!! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy! I am a stamp collector extreme! I have boxes and boxes. I have a ton of scrappy/crafty stuff. I've managed to cut down buying paper, etc. but with tools I can always "justify" it since they last - and stickers, etc. don't. But yes, many have not seen the ink pad. That is a huge commitment for me in 2012, but I am going to use what I have and try to make what I don't have. Cross yer fingers ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG your comments are great. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover