Saturday, April 28, 2012

AA: Featured Artist | Brigitte Haydel

Hi...my name is Brigitte and I am a craftaholic!


Ever since I can remember, I have been a crafter. One of my fondest memories from childhood was when I was 9 years old, my uncle subscribed me to a craft of the month kit club. It was so exciting each month when the package arrived. I spent hours at my desk assembling whatever the craft was for that month which was usually dollhouse furniture or Christmas ornaments. I look back and think, what an awesome Uncle that he was to have noticed at such a young age what made me happiest.



Since then I have dabbled in so many different art forms. Crocheting (which both my Grandmother and Aunt were experts at), knitting, cross stitching and sewing (which I learned from my Mimi). Quilting was really my first love as an adult. I made hand stitched quilts and then discovered machine quilting which took me in another direction to making art quilts. I would take every art and painting class that I could come across on the internet, where I met so many talented and welcoming people.

That is what I thought I would spend the rest of my life doing until my birthday one year when my husband gifted me with a Cricut Expression. I had never heard of this machine before so I began to research it on the web. Then came my love with everything paper! OMG, there is so much to do with paper! Why hadn't I discovered that before! From paper crafting also came a love for mixed media art. This is the art where anything goes! You can use all of the supplies that you have collected over the years and slap it all onto one canvas. What a dream.

So lately I have been spending my time creating in mixed media. I am just a beginner in this art form but I can already think of so many directions in which to take it. I hope you will enjoy seeing some of the pieces I have created lately. The girls without faces were inspired by a class called "She Art" by Christy Tomlinson that I recently took online. It is a wonderful class and full of technique information.


Thank you to Tonya and Angee for asking me to submit this blog post.




I truly feel honored.




Brigitte Haydel

http://pinkpapercricut.blogspot.com


3 comments:

  1. Awesome. It was great getting to know you. I just love your paintings. The attention to detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wonderful blog featured artsy, so love your artwork...congrats...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover