Thursday, June 21, 2012

Primrose Card Share

When all else fails make a card. That's my mantra for this project. I kept staring at the Primrose papers thinking these are so beautiful. I started out making a mini that I didn't like the end result so.....We won't speak of that again. 

Then I tried making a layout and I liked it but.....it just didn't end up like I pictured it in my mind. 

And finally I said, Ok, Angela. Go for what you know! Make a card and I'm a happy girl again. Sometimes everything you try doesn't end up a masterpiece or worst it looks a hot mess, but hey, the fun was in the journey and my journey ended up with this card using Marion's gorgeous Primrose Mini book kit


I went through all the papers and picked out a few of my favorites. I loved these specifically because they reminded me of Paris and I just completed an engagement scrapbook for a friend who got engaged in Paris on top of the Eiffel Tower....(jealous!)

Next I had to decide on a background. I wanted to go with a floral background to match the papers then I thought of Stacey and Clinton from "What Not to Wear" and how they always say clothing and prints should go and not match. Well I decided to "go" with a geometric background using colors that "matched." I used PapertreyInk's Rosie Posie stamp set. Love those hexes. I used Hero Arts shadow inks to stamp the background. 

After that I just cut out the gorgeous images, distressed the edges, and arranged them on the front of the card. I added a little tab punched piece on the side because I'm obsessed with it. (That's the only reason it's there...Ha!) 

Lastly I added some flowers I received in a RAK and stapled them in place. The card isn't bulky except for the flowers. I did use pop dots but very thin ones. And this card was done and done. And I love it. I couldn't even add a sentiment because I loved the papers so much. I printed them out on some Matte Photo Paper that I found a Sam's a few months ago and the papers printed gorgeously. The colors were very saturated and so lush. Simply gorgeous papers. <---Did I say that enough?! They are gorgeous, I tell ya. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover