Monday, July 23, 2012

Cottage Chic Mini Decked Out!!!

 Finally here is my finished mini album using Marion's digital designs for "Cottage Chic Mini". This little gem was so fun to create with from printing them out to cutting, inking and trying out the copic  stitch technique.
Amazing creative goodness was going on, what's wonderful about doing mini's is that you don't have  be afraid to try out new things. Like the covers after watching Marion doing the crackle technique I knew I had to try this out. And yes crackling it's addictive, who know adding this medium and a little paint would give such an oldie feel to your creations.
My little tip is don't give up I think I crackled the front cover like four times before getting the effect I wanted. Then I decided I wanted to create a window in the little pretty frame on the cover, I used some heavy duty wire mesh I had laying around my studio. It worked out perfectly and so adorable for the rustic look (that was my substitute for chicken wire).
 The little dress form chip board was calling for a fun scrappy skirt and vintage seam binding with trims and a little Prima flower. It screams chic to me and  reminds me of my girls, who doesn't love being a girly girl with a grunge flair. Every girl even a dress form needs some pearls!!
 My little mini turned into a chunky little piece of heaven filled with vintage trims, vintage buttons, burlap, muslin,  paper doilies and shipping tags. Below is my video showing the whole mini, hope you enjoy.


Supplies:
Cottage Chic Mini Digitals
White card stock
shipping tags
Ranger: tissue tapes, distress stain walnut stain
distress inks brushed corduroy and pumice stone
Ranger: Perfect Pearls Mists blue patina
Canvas Corp: fringe
Prima: Genie Stones, Innoscence Collections, Laraine Pearl white
Prima: Tea Roses Peach Frost, mix flowers
450 Helmar Glue
Crackle Medium
paint
Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Med. matte
Paper doilies
Vintage buttons and trims
Vintage seam binding
wire
twine
burlap and crinalin

1 comment:

  1. Peggy - I just love your take on this project. SO clever and that dressform I JUST LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing.
    T

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover