Friday, December 28, 2012

Portfolio - Layout

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I'm looking forward to the 2013 year and all the possibilities that it brings.

For Christmas, I took this picture of my nephew and today, I thought I would share with you a masculine layout that I did using the photo.

 
A few months ago, Suzanne from FlamingoScraps.com - also an Artsy Addicts Member - shared with me the Pink Paislee's Portfolio collection and Heidi Swap's Vintage Chic collection. I instantly fell in love and this is the type of paper I HOARD!
 
Last night, I wanted to experiment with negative spaces and thought a "boy" layout was the perfect opportunity.  It was really hard to break away from flowers, bling, and my usual "busy" style.  It was a challenge to keep the layout "clean",  but I'm so happy with the results.  By adding all the layers, It makes the layout look full without being crowded. 
 
I allowed the text in the paper collection to be my title around the picture.  It reads left to right -  "Think Big, Today & Tomorrow and FOREVER - Seriously.   On the right it says "You Are.... so I filled in My Everything."  Kolton has told me I'm his favorite everything since he was able to start talking.  I placed a glassine bag behind the collaged paper and tucked a tag into the bag for my journaling spot.  On this tag, I wrote Kolton a note reminding him to always stay true to his heart, and never be afraid to follow his dreams.  I also hand wrote some things around the frame of the picture and the secondary title reflecting these thoughts as well.
 
I love how clean this layout is, and I'm so happy that I avoided cluttering it up.  If you want more details on how I did this layout, please watch as I recreate it Live on Ustream on January 7 at 8:30 est.   My channel is  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gibbst
 
I hope everyone has a Blessed 2013. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
Resources:
  • Pink Paislee - Portfolio - Unbelievable.
  • Pink Paislee - Vintage Chic - Heidi Swapp, Just Dots paper
  • Pink Paislee - Portfolio - Ephemera Pack
  • Pink Paislee - Artisan Resist Stars
  • Pink Paislee - Artisan Boarders
  • Tattered Angels - Frozen Lake, and Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist
  • Ranger - Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs and Wild Honey
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz  - Tiny Tags and Tabs Die Cut
  • Tim Holtz - Tiny Attacher
  • Glassine Bag
  • Tag
  • Misc. Washi Tape
  • Sewing Machine
  • EK Success Label Punch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover