Monday, May 20, 2013

Tips with Glimmer Mist


"Sisters Layout"
I wanted to share with you all a layout I created awhile back for challenge you can see more about this here on my blog.
Today I wanted to focus on background texture I created using Tattered Angels glimmer mist, everyone needs some glimmer mist products they make your projects pop and come alive.
After I created the stucco and mask with a little stamping then came the coloring with glimmer mist!!
Tip #1
"Drippage"
 Spray your glimmer mist close to your project and lift up your project to allow the glimmer is run in different direction heat set to keep the drips where you want them to flow.
Tip #2
"Splats"
Taking your glimmer mist and unscrewing the nozzle and splatting the nozzle over your project creates great little splats of color.
Here are my two beautiful daughters "sisters" to heart, it's been a bittersweet year for them, since my oldest daughter on the left has gone to college leaving her sister, friend and home. It's been hard for her sister on the right, always having her sis at home to chat with, fight with, sing with has been heartache without her sis around, but  they were united this weekend has college year came to a close.
Tip #3
Texture chipboard
Die cut image with chipboard, add your favorite medium (I used VersaMark and Utee to create the tarnish look-roughed it up by using sandpaper to scrap some groves into the chipboard).
Spraying alot of glimmer mist over the chipboard pieces let it set up for a bit, heat set which creates a great worn look.
Love the way the mist create such different texture depending on what they are sprayed on..like the chipboard gears vs. paper...awesome!!
I encourage you to dig out your glimmer mist and play!
Thanks, Peggy Lee

supplies:
Tattered Angels: glimmer mist-riptide, graphite, and sunflower
other supplies list you can see here.

1 comment:

  1. Peggy, this is my favorite project you have created. I absolutely LOVE the negative space, and great misting tips too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover